The Sarah Agnes Foundation (SAF) is a mental health charity dedicated to improving the wellbeing of families in local communities. It’s health led vision seeks to support, strengthen and sustain secure family relationships. It seeks to deliver a national network of “Family Hubs”, which offer relationship support for the family from ‘Conception to Elder’. It is committed to improving social and emotional outcomes for longer term generational change.
SAF seeks to develop a national network and delivery of services which provide universal, seamless and holistic support for the family from ‘Conception to Elder’, where every member is valued and has the opportunity, to optimise their potential for lifelong emotional health and wellbeing.
1) Promotion of health and wellbeing of the family from ‘Conception to Elder’.
2) Education and learning for each family member through Life Skills Development.
3) Provision of relationship support in local communities.
1) Support practitioners to set up local SAF services and deliver effective psychotherapeutic interventions.
a) Create a quality standard based on evidence and experience.
b) Create a national network of SAFs which provide psychotherapeutic support.
c) Encourage networking and mutual support for practitioners.
d) Deliver and provide access to expert quality training.
2) Promote accessible psychotherapeutic work from ‘Conception to Elder’ in local communities.
3) Aid the ongoing development of good practice, evaluation and research.
Family Wellbeing Objectives
1) Improving the quality of family life with health, education and parenting support.
2) Transforming life chances of children and families.
3) Improving access to psychological therapies to support employability.
4) Supporting the recovery of mental illness within the family.
5) Supporting community opportunity for the family.
6) Reducing isolation in the elder population.
7) Promoting resilience and abilities of every family.
8) Improving the reach of responsive parenting and secure attachments.
9) Strengthening healthy emotional communication in families.
1) Encouraging positive family relationships
2) Promoting health and wellbeing
3) Improving child and family life chances
4) Respecting the culture and diversity of every family